India BtoC Market Finder

(0 review)
Free
container

India’s retail market is expected to increase by 60 per cent to reach US$ 1.1 trillion by 2020, on the back of factors like rising incomes and lifestyle changes by middle class and increased digital connectivity. While the overall retail market is expected to grow at 12 per cent per annum, modern trade would expand twice as fast at 20 per cent per annum and traditional trade at 10 per cent#. Indian retail market is divided into “Organized Retail Market” which is valued at $60 billion which is only 9 per cent of the total sector and “Unorganized Retail Market constitutes the rest 91 per cent of the sector.

India is expected to become the world’s fastest growing e-commerce market, driven by robust investment in the sector and rapid increase in the number of internet users. Various agencies have high expectations about growth of Indian e-commerce markets. Indian e-commerce sales are expected to reach US$ 120 billion! by 2020 from US$ 30 billion in FY2016.Further, India’s e-commerce market is expected to reach US$ 220 billion in terms of gross merchandise value (GMV) and 530 million shoppers by 2025, led by faster speeds on reliable telecom networks, faster adoption of online services and better variety as well as convenience@.

The size of modern retail in India is expected to double to US$ 25.7 billion from US$ 13 billion in three years driven by omni-channel retail.

India has replaced China as the most promising markets for retail expansion, supported by expanding economy, coupled with booming consumption rates, urbanizing population and growing middle class.

India is expected to become the world’s third-largest consumer economy, reaching US$ 400 billion in consumption by 2025.

Indian exports of locally made retail and lifestyle products grew at a CAGR of 10 per cent from 2013 to 2016.*

Luxury market of India is expected to grow to US$ 30 billion by the end of 2018 from US$ 23.8 billion 2017 supported by growing exposure of international brands amongst Indian youth and higher purchasing power of the upper class in tier 2 and 3 cities, according to Assocham.

1)      India is 2.65 Trillion $ economy growing a 7+% yearly

2)      India would soon be in the top 3 economies of the world

3)      India has a population of more than 1.2 billion

4)      India’s nominal year-over-year expenditure growth of 12% is more than double the anticipated global rate of 5% and will make India the third-largest consumer market by 2025.

5)      According to BCG there 75 million households which are middle class in India responsible for the consumer story boom in India few examples

a.       124 million smartphones were sold in India in 2017 more than what sold in the US market

b.      4 million cars were sold in India in 2017 in comparison to 6.3 million in US

c.       Yearly close to 1700 Bollywood films produced in India, selling 1.9 billion cinema tickets. Making Bollywood the 3rd largest movie market

d.      27 billion USD is the annual gold demand of India making it the second largest gold consumer globally

e.      By 2020, the electronics market in India is expected to increase to US$ 100 billion similar in size to the US electronics market

6)      According to BCG by 2025 there will 125 million households which are middle class in India

7)      India’s consumer story will be shaped by its 440mn Millennials and 390mn Gen Z (born after 2000).The sheer size of India’s youth combined with improved education pave the way for sustained growth in purchasing power and makes India’s consumer story one of the world’s most compelling for the next 20 years.

8)      According Goldmann Best categories positioned for profit pool expansion in India: packaged snacks, baby products, premium personal care, scooters, SUVs and jewelry.

Capsule Features

  • Lectures 0
  • Quizzes 0
  • Duration 1 hours
  • Skill level Company
  • Language English, Korean
  • Clients 0
  • Certificate No
  • Assessments Yes
Curriculum is empty

Reviews

Average Rating

0
0 rating

Detailed Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%
Free

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *